Receive a Public Records Request
Toss the scattered paper forms and electronic PDFs. The public records request submission form is customizable to meet your agency’s needs. It does not matter how your public records requests are received, such as walk-ins, incoming calls, e-mail requests, snail mail or even written on a napkin – we hear it all! We have the best solution to consolidate your organization’s requests. Here are a few of the benefits for allowing online submissions to your agency:
- Allows Citizens to Submit Requests Anonymously
- Automates Paperless Processes
- Creates Accounts for Requesters
- Customizes Forms with Required Fields
- Reduces Processing Time for Requests
- Uploads Documents
Assign Tasks Across Departments
A new request was received, now what? In JustFOIA, simply assign the request or task(s) to a department and the assignees are immediately notified, based on your business process criteria set in place. Here are a few examples of how you may configure your organization’s workflow:
- Customize User Views and Permissions
- Monitor Fees & Time Estimates
- Route Tasks Among Various Departments
The tasks have been assigned, and maybe they need a bit more information in order to complete the request. You will never lose track of cross-departmental communications with Discussions. Discussions will help keep everyone in the loop and organized within the request.
Do you need more information before processing the request? Stay organized with centralized communication with the requester using JustFOIA for inbound and outbound emails. You can track general notes as well. Choose from custom templated messages too!
Analyze Comprehensive Reports
Keeping the staff in each department accountable is important for your organization to stay in compliance with FOI laws. JustFOIA streamlines the process and minimizes delays. A few of the reports you can generate through JustFOIA are:
- Deleted Requests
- Customizable Reports
- Fee Totals
- Payment Transaction Details (your Finance Department will love you for this feature!)
- Processed Requests
- Requests Data Table
- Time & Materials
- and more!
Offer Your Citizens a Public Portal
Now that you completed the tasks for the public records request, it is time to release the information to the requester. During the life-cycle of the request, the requester can create an account (or submit anonymously), check the status, process payment, retrieve the fulfilled request documents, and view their history of requests. And you can accomplish the following for your agency:
- Customize the public portal page to match your organization’s brand
- Make the public portal page available on your website
- Provide common open records requests documents publicly (optional)
- Tag fulfilled requests by category for public access
- Set an end date for publicly posted, completed requests
Time & Material Calculations
Adobe Redaction Integration
Use Adobe to create, edit, redact, and prepare documents for request fulfillment. Uploading documents to JustFOIA is as easy as picking the request number.
See JustFOIA in Action. Request a Demo.
We just need a little information from you, and we will follow up within one business day to schedule your demo.