As part of our ongoing commitment to providing the easiest-to-use records requests software, we are committed to abiding by and developing our solutions to remove barriers that might prevent a person with disabilities from using our products.
Section 508 requires all technology used by the federal government to be accessible to people with disabilities.
JustFOIA is committed to providing a web application accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. As such, we strive to adhere to the Revised Section 508 Standards published by the United States Access Board.
The WCAG level of compliance is approved by the Americans with Disabilities Act for websites and provides recommendations for making web content accessible.
JustFOIA’s citizen-facing pages perform at a Level AA (or level two) conformance to these guidelines.
This is great news for you, but what does this accessibility test cover exactly? Let’s dive in to break down the jargon for you!
- Text Equivalents: alternative text detail for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- Full Keyboard Access: built so that it can be accessed using a keyboard.
- Site Consistency: feature and functions perform the same way every time.
- Site Structure: appropriate headings, lists, paragraphs, style sheets, and other format features so guests can easily use the platform with assistive technology.
- Links: many links have title attributes to describe the link in greater detail unless the link’s text already fully describes the target.
What is a VPAT?
JustFOIA routinely completes Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs) across our platforms. We engage with external consultants certified from the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) to ensure that our product conforms with required standards.
This VPAT report allows us to provide the data your procurement team will need to verify that the JustFOIA solution meets the technical requirements necessary for Section 508 compliance. There are several topics addressed in the report, which you can download below:
JustFOIA Accessibility Conformance Report
Send download link to: